Did you know there are multiple ways to clean stainless steel, and some work much better than others? I actually was a bit surprised at how certain cleaning techniques can impact the final shine and finish of stainless appliances. A few years ago we purchased a stainless steel fridge that sported “smudge proof technology”, and although it would still smudge and get dirty, just about any type of cleaning method brought it right back to new with very little effort. Initially, I didn’t appreciate what a blessing that was or know any different because it was our very first stainless appliance. Last year we moved that fridge to the garage and replaced it with a counter depth model in our updated kitchen. The new model doesn’t have that same technology, and is a bear to keep clean, and also to clean without creating new smudges and streaks. Since purchasing the new fridge, I have tested out five different methods. That’s right, FIVE! And not all were that great, while one worked beautifully after I had almost given up. Today I thought I would review each one here, so that you don’t have to spend the time or money figuring out the best method.
|1 - Stainless Steel Spray Polish | 2 - Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner | 3 - Stainless Steel Cleaning Mitt | 4 - Glass Cleaning Rags | 5 - Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes|
- Always read product application directions thoroughly
- Always clean your stainless in the same direction as the metal grain
- I have also tried a few regular all purpose cleaners with the same results as the Pledge Multi Surface cleaner
- Smudge free technology is actually really awesome
- You have to weigh out what is important to you when selecting your favorite cleaning products and methods - everything from chemicals to cost to time and waste are all important items to consider
from IHeart Organizing http://www.iheartorganizing.com/2016/05/quick-tip-tuesday-cleaning-stainless.html